News from Housing Credits
The public comment period for changes to the 2017 QAP began on Aug. 3, 2016 and ends on Sept. 20, 2016. If you previously submitted comments regarding changes to the 2017 QAP, please re-submit them so they can be considered part of the public record.
Calendar of Events:
- QAP Public Comment period began – Aug. 3, 2016
- Official comments can be emailed to JD Bondurant at JD.Bondurant@vhda.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- QAP Focus Group – Sept. 1, 2016 – VHC
- QAP Public Forum – Comment period ends – Sept. 20, 2016 – VHDA Headquarters
- QAP VHDA Board Approval – Oct. 5, 2016 – VHC
- How to Complete the Virginia Housing Credit Application – Oct. 13, 2016 – VHC
- This hands-on workshop will go page-by-page through the Excel application and explain all requirements.
- We’ll be providing tips and techniques on how to ensure you receive the points you want and prevent penalty points.
- This event is great for those who are new to Virginia’s Housing Credit program or would like to know how to avoid penalties for insufficient documentation, minor mistakes or misunderstood questions.
- Universal Design Seminar – Oct. 20, 2016 – VHC
- Please remember if you previously attended this seminar prior to 1/1/12 you will not be eligible for Universal Design points for 2017 Housing Credits applications.
- Requirements for Architect Certification and Universal Design Plans – Oct. 20, 2016 – VHC
- This class is separate from the Universal Design seminar. It is intended to provide architects and owners with specific information on how to submit the Architect Certification and as well as required elements for Universal Design plans in order to receive all possible points.
- QAP Workshop (Formally known as the How To Apply Seminar)
- This workshop will provide answers to your questions about Housing Credit Administration Policies and Procedures.
- Dec. 8, 2016 – Fairfax Marriot
- Jan. 4, 2017 – VHC
- Jan. 5, 2017 – Norfolk (new location)